so….people (friends and blog readers…so also friends;-)) keep asking how you know…? how do you know if he’s the one? what is there’s someone just ’round the corner who’s better? do bells ring when you know you’re with the right one? does your heart skip a beat ( p.s. YES it skips many beats!!!!…you might think you have heart problems 😉 )?
HOW DO YOU KNOW!????
well i’ve always been a nerd…but sometimes in love and life that’s a good thing…I’d say make a list… an ideal person list! yup the fairytale variety and then start writing out the non negotiable and the negotiable…
- Male/ female
- Religion (if your religious)
- Family- how he treats his…./ or how he sees family…
- Where he wants to live (you can’t realistically live your entire lives in 2 different continents!)
- how does he/ she make you feel- does he make you smile!!! he definitely shouldn’t be the one making you cry….
- does he make you want to be a better person( even if ur pretty awesome …do you still wanna be better?)
- does he encourage you to achieve?
- is he part of your cheering squad!?? is he on your side??
- does he make you feel safe
- does he make you feel stronger?
etc. … you get the idea
- Looks (they go/ change/become better/ worse)
- Money (life changes as does the markets!)
- Night person/ morning person
- Cleanliness- YOU CAN CHANGE THAT! 😉
- Hobbies/ sports /…. you can get a hobby / play a sport together…. (that would be funner(yes thats my new word!))
Once you write your list -give it to your best friend and make sure they help you stick to it!!! or make sure you stick to it!!! Don’t ever change the non-negotiables cos you’ll always feel you’ve changed yourself or given up something and that will only make you feel negative…make you feel like you’ve compromised! The Negotiables- change/ cut/ add/ subtract–!
when you get someone good- grab them…with both hands and all your heart cos guess what they’re might be a hundred people better but there’s one person who’s ‘just right’ for you and you don’t wanna spend your whole life looking for the better opportunity and end up without someone to come home to….
remember he’s not a better job opportunity…he’s a person and with the right person…you can go all the way the top- workwise and happiness-wise!
in the same breath…happy birthday to my one…! we fight, we change, we move, we grow…but we do it together. thank you aditya…i love you.
I love this blog! This is the most interesting thing Ive read today.
This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more
of your great post. Also, I’ve shared your web site in my social networks!