We all believe we live in the moment but I have to be honest most do not! Unless you go through something life changing, you don’t even recognise how long or how powerful a moment can be. This is true. A moment really counts when my arm hurts so bad tears stream down my face or when the husband holds me apologising for the arm pain which he didn’t even cause-the MS did!
Most people just turn up in their lives. They make a guest appearance. You go to your 9-5 or 10-6 job and you just count the hours so you can leave and go back and do another mindless thing you won’t give yourself to.
You shouldn’t have to have MS or a brain tumour or nearly die or do something equally dramatic to care about your life! You can be the hero- the star of your own story- shouldn’t you use your potential to do that
With those I work with and those I’m friends with , this is what I try and enforce
- Do one thing- but do it well, else don’t even start.
- In a conversation with me , lets both look at each other and actually listen.
- A job is not 8 hrs, it can be 1 hr or 2 hrs as well- it’s just about applying yourself when you work
- Do something- one thing every day that you absolutely love and be present during that moment.
- Have one conversation every day- not on the phone but face to face. Make sure it’s honest and be absolutely involved in the conversation.
- When you are doing your job- make that the most important. When you are with your family- make that the most.
- Be true to yourself, even with new people. People will either like you or not but you can’t live your life acting like someone you are not.
- You are the star of every day. Your film stars you. Make a it a film you’d like to watch. Be proud of you.
- This won’t happen easily- there’ll be many times where you are not even present during a work day or a boring family dinner. Stop, reboot, refresh!
I write this because I see so many who just turn up in their lives and never actually show up and enjoy it. We get one chance, (even if we believe in rebirth and after life) to be the best version of ourselves- to be a part of a film called our life. Wouldn’t you want a blockbuster? I do!
P.s. (Palat says)-: Its the husband’s birthday weekend this weekend so stay tuned for soppy posts and mushy , unwritten love letters!
Thank you so much Ankita 🤗